Northpoint is not only a specialist in coating fencing and pipework, our facility also offers various powder coating options for a number of sheet metal products. Whatever your needs, Northpoint has a coating solution!
Sheet metal coatings are designed for use on ferrous and non-ferrous metals and serve both functional and decorative purposes by not only improving the overall look of the product, but also providing excellent metal protection.
5 Benefits of Northpoint Coatings
- Corrosion Prevention
Creates a barrier between the elements and the metal surface, blocking air, water, and other rust promoters from contacting the metal; therefore providing corrosion protection and greatly reducing future problems.
- Overall Finish
Northpoint provides sheet metal coatings in a vast array of colours and finishes, some of which can be textured, leatherette or metallic. We offer bespoke solutions to ensure the finished article meets the exact finish and colour for your requirements.
Our powder coating solutions can withstand tougher conditions than conventional paint solutions. They are hard wearing and can take considerable impact without chipping or denting. They are scratch and vandal resistant and, in most cases, come with a 10-year guarantee.
- Quick Turnaround
Unlike conventional painting solutions, you do not have to wait for sheet metal coatings to air dry. This means that the part can be coated, finished, and returned to you very quickly. Northpoint prides itself on providing a fast turnaround of projects.
- Environmentally Friendly
Our powder coating solutions contain no solvents and release little or no volatile organic compounds (VOC), so have much less impact on the environment in the short term. In the long term, the longevity of the coatings will reduce, or, in some cases, completely eliminate the need for recoating, therefore further reducing impact on the environment.
Northpoint uses various solutions depending on the finish required and the conditions the product will be exposed to. Some examples of the products Northpoint typically use are:
- Polyester powder coatings, where long lasting colour retention is paramount – typically intended for external use
- Epoxy powder coatings, hard wearing and ideal for corrosion protection on sheet metal – typically used on items that will remain indoors
- Epoxy/Polyester, a combination formulated for those environments where the above points are both priorities
- PPA 571 a ‘warm to touch’ plastic type coating normally used on handrails and similar products
- Epoxy primer + polyester topcoat – used for harsh, abrasive environments, such as the desert or coastal areas